Monday 19 March 2012

Nigeria’s Keshi renews Sydney Sam interest

hamad Mosselhi

Sidney Sam
Nigeria coach Stephan Keshi revealed on Monday he is looking to convince Bayer Leverkusen’s winger Sidney Sam to play for the Nigerian national team.

Former Nigerian coach Samson Siassia has tried to convince the German-born Nigerian winger, but he showed no interest in such a switch.

"I will probably go to Germany to watch and speak to Sidney Sam," Keshi said.

"He is doing well in Germany, and although I have not met him or spoken to him, I have discussed with my assistants and we believe there is a need to get him before Germany does," Keshi was quoted as saying by KickOff website.

The 24-year-old winger produced a string of strong performances with Bayer Leverkusen, scoring four goals in 18 Bundesliga matches.

Sam had played for Germany youth national teams but he is eligible to play for the Super Eagles as he has not yet played for the Mannschaft.

"The technical committee chairman Chris Green has called me about the same player so I have his name in my list of possible players for the next squad," Keshi concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment