Sunday 18 March 2012

Rihanna Wants To Design Her Own Fashion Line

   

 Rihanna has been dipping her toe further and further into the fashion world as of late, and now it looks like she’s poised to dive in. The 24-year-old singer is “pursuing” a fashion line, she tells On Air With Ryan Seacrest.
“‘I’m really pursuing a fashion line of my own. I want to design. This is also a road that I want to earn it. So I’m working with designers. Designers that I respect, and [fashion] companies that I respect. I want people to really trust me before I just say ‘Buy it, because it’s mine.’”
It remains to be seen whether the collection will be a Kanye-esque stab at high fashion or something a tad more commercially viable. We don’t think even Rihanna would dare follow Yeezy down that path (imagine the collective industry eye roll!), though if the gown she co-designed with Armani for the recent Grammy Awards is any indication, she does seem to know what works for the red carpet.
On the more contemporary end of the spectrum, she has been designing a capsule collection for Emporio Armani for the past two seasons, the Fall line of which she says was “very, very successful”.
She is also set to produce a fashion reality show in the UK, where perhaps she’ll pick up some tips from co-host Henry Holland on how to make technicolor houndstooth and tie-dyed animal prints work.

No comments:

Post a Comment