Sunday 26 February 2012

Rwanda/Nigeria: Keshi Not Bothered About Slump

SUPER Eagles coach Stephen Keshi says he is not bothered by Nigeria's slump in the latest Fifa World rankings. The West Africans dropped out of the top 50 to 56; their worst ranking in 12 years.
However, Keshi, who has also coached Togo and Mali in the past, insists that his team is ready to face Amavubi come Wednesday. The two sides clash in the first leg of the 2013 African Nations Cup qualifier at Kigali Regional Stadium.
In an exclusive interview, Keshi said, "I am not bothered about the Super Eagles' rankings; my goal is to win all my games as the coach of the team."
"About the team's preparedness for the Rwanda match, I would like to let you know that the lads are ready."
Nigeria's summoned professional players are expected to join camp today.
Keshi who has been lauded for building the team around locally based players by ex- internationals and fans alike said he is not sure how many of them will start.
"I don't know yet how many home based players will start against Rwanda yet, I have not made my first eleven because I'm waiting for the pros to join camp."
Wednesday's match will be Keshi's first official game for the Eagles.
2013 Africa Nations Cup qualifiers
Feb. 29
Rwanda vs Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment